Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Joys of Commuting, Part Deux

Ack. Last night the wind blew and it kept precipitating -- only it apparently changed to sleet somewhere along the way. The dog's food & water bowls were topped off with what looked like shaved ice. At least the windshield was clear, tho there was a small amount of frost / ice on the east side of the car.

We left home circa 6:30 -- just a tad later than usual and the sky was brightening. I walked into my office at just 8am. I was very glad that Dog followed me into my parking lot and walked me from the car to the front door as the lot was covered in ice.

The cops had blocked off access on westbound Coors up the hill towards Rio Rancho just before it meets with NM 528. We were (more or less) OK since we were going east and down the hill.

Just so you know, I only got into third gear a few times, and that was on fairly level stretches of street. One guy here at work complained about the folks who were going 5mph. My speed did not top 25mph, I don't think.

No comments: