Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Partnership

I wrote last time about how my marriage is a partnership and how Dog & I work together to solve problems. I have a couple of small to large examples from yesterday.

When I got home, Dog had done prep work for supper -- burgers made & marinated in the covered frying pan surrounded by sliced mushrooms and curly fries laid out on a foil covered baking sheet in the oven. Then while he started actually cooking (after the oven had a few minutes t0 pre-heat), I made sure the dogs had fresh water and filled their supper bowls w/dog chow.

While that was nice, there was another thing that I appreciated more. I did not think I would have digestive trouble since we did not go immediately to bed after eating like we usually do. But around 11:30 I woke up with a sharp pain in my belly -- it was a big bubble of gas trying to escape. Sometimes I can burp it away, but apparently this time it did not work so well and my back started hurting. So I got up to take some Alka-Seltzer and to try to get comfortable on the couch. But my back was hurting so bad, not only could I not get comfortable sitting, but also I beagan thinking about when I broke it.

I was panting with the pain and whimpering. I came back to bed to try to get comfortable there. No luck. So I asked Dog to get some water and ibuprofen. I took 6 of them and after a short while the pain dulled. But I still could not stay in one position for much longer than a couple of minutes (if that) before the pain intruded. I asked Dog if we had a locatable heating pad. No luck. So then I thought that maybe his warm hands rubbing my back would help. And, by golly, if that did not take it away. *sigh* It took it away, but I still had some trouble falling asleep lying down. So I went to recline on the couch -- again. This time I managed to doze a bit. And when Dog got up for a drink of water, I felt I could give lying down another try.

Now I am at work. My tummy was still a little burpy this morning so I decided to forgo the cereal and milk for a McSkillet Burrito and a Diet Coke. So far, I am still pain free. :o)

No comments: